Code of Conduct and Code of Business Ethics
TTCL Vietnam Corporation Ltd. (TVC) adopts Code of Conduct and Code of Business Ethics as guided by its mother company – TTCL Public Company Ltd.
The core Principles as following embodies the corporate policies in all business conducts to be observed by the “Personnel”.
With the highest standards of honesty, integrity and fairness, the company realizes customers’ trust satisfaction by offering the most valuable assets of the company, i.e. human capital, technologies and expertise, earned through the long history of the company.
Comply with laws and regulations as well as international norms with the highest standards of business and professional ethics, as such compliance is crucial for the sustained growth of TVC as a socially responsible company.
Comply with corporation operation policies, rules and regulations such as;
- Corporation Operation Policies
- Mission statements
- Company Rules and Regulations
- Company Manual and Procedure
Respect human dignity and human accomplishments such as history, culture and customs of mankind and contribute to prosperity and progress of human society.
Create healthy and productive work environments and corporate culture in which the Personnel can make best use of their talents and maximize the values of individuals in pursuit of ideals of TVC.
Place the highest priority on health, safety, security, environment and quality.
Detailed Code of Conduct
1. Comply with laws and regulations of the countries of business operation and with internal corporate rules, with the highest standards of honesty, integrity and fairness.
- We realize and comply with applicable laws, regulations and the highest ethical standards in performing our business to achieve our customer’s satisfaction and our own sustainable growth.
- We observe internal corporate rules and maintain good communication with supervisors and co-workers to achieve corporate success.
- We uphold the highest ethical standards to enhance the social trust which is essential to achieve our business goals.
2. Respect humanity of the people in the world, free from discrimination and harassment.
- We realize and respect the history, culture and customs of each country and anywhere we have business with.
- We respect human rights and refrain from discrimination by race, religion, creed, gender, social status, nationality, age, disability, etc.
- We maintain a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
3. Comply with international treaties and laws and regulations for environmental conservation and protection, and place the highest priority on health, safety, security and environment.
- We recognize that environmental conservation is given high priority in the 21st Century. We endeavor to minimize the environmental impact from our engineering business and aim to harmonize industrial and economic development with environmental conservation.
- We shall endeavor to develop technologies and products that contribute to environmental conservation.
- We are committed to the standards of quality, health, safety and security that are essential for our company to be recognized as a socially reliable company.
4. Respect and protect intellectual properties, patented or otherwise, of customers, partners and relevant parties as well as those of TVC.
- We recognize the value of confidential and proprietary information of TVC. We protect such information in accordance with our Information Security Policy.
- We shall not divulge company confidential information to any third parties. We shall not use confidential and proprietary information for personal interests or any purposes against the interests of TVC.
- We treat the intellectual property as well as confidential and proprietary information of our customers, partners and others with the greatest care in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
5. Keep accurate, complete and timely financial and accounting records, in compliance with laws and regulations of the countries of business operation.
- We keep accurate, complete and timely financial accounting records. Fraudulent or misleading records are strictly prohibited.
6. Do not stand against the overall interests of TVC, and with the highest standards of ethics
- We do not act against the interest of TVC for the purpose of pursuing personal or and third party’s interests.
- We place the highest priority to the continued growth of TVC and to our contribution to the societies. We shall not put private interests ahead of the interests of TVC.
7. Comply with laws and regulations of countries of business operation in dealing with customers, partners and stakeholders, and observe the highest standards of ethics in conducting business anywhere in the world.
- We observe the highest ethical standards and the applicable laws and regulations that prohibit offering benefits, including, inter alia, money, gifts, meals and entertainment to any government officials or any other persons who have similar capacities.
- We observe the highest ethical standards and shall not offer excessive benefits including, inter alia, money, gifts, meals and entertainment to our customers, partners and stakeholders that are beyond ethical business practice
- We shall not accept any benefits from our customers, partners and stakeholders that are beyond ethical business practice or may impair the interests of TVC.
8. Oppose resolutely any antisocial influences and do not submit to their demands.
- We resolutely oppose any unlawful or unethical practices, for example corporate racketeering, and shall not make unlawful or unethical settlements, financial or otherwise, as a consequence of such practices.
9. Report immediately and in good faith to the upper management level of any known or suspected violation of this Code of Conduct.
- All the Personnel have a duty to report, immediately and in good faith, any known or suspected violation of this Code of Conduct to the upper management level.
- We are responsible for cooperating in the fact-finding investigation related to the reported violation.
- In the event that a serious violation is proven, the offender and his or her supervisor may be subject to disciplinary action.
- It is the responsibility of the management of TVC to ensure that no retaliation of any kind shall be taken against those Personnel who reported a violation or cooperated, in good faith, with the fact-finding investigation.
Code of Business Ethics
Apart from the laws, all directors and employees must comply with Code of Business Ethics because the Company believes that having business ethics is a precious asset of the Company
1. Compliance with Code of Conduct
- The Company expects that all directors and employees read, understand, and comply with the standards and code of conduct assigned by the company.
- Directors and employees should report to executives when there are problems in accordance with the Code of Conduct. Also, they shall provide advices or comments to improve the Code of Conduct.
- The Company must conduct its business consistently with the relevant laws. The Company shall maintain fair business operation.
- The Company strongly believes that conducting business with honesty, morality and ethics is good business policy which will provide a stable, progressing business of the Company.
- The Company will respect and act in compliance with local norms and traditions.
- The Company will conduct business with honesty, particularly in matters regarding financial policy, budget planning and budget evaluation in any project which shall be prepared clearly and precisely.
- The Company hopes that all directors and employees will honestly respect in the Company’s policy, accounting process and other regulations. Moreover, employees should report to executives immediately if there is any suspicion of a violation of the code of conduct which may cause damage to the Company’s reputation.
2. The Guideline of Business Operation
3. Conflict of Interest
The Company supports that directors and employees avoid the circumstances where their personal interest conflicts with the Company’s interest, particularly in the matters relating to government, suppliers, partners or competitors.
- The Conflict of interest includes the attempt to reveal the company’s confidential information to outsiders during or after the employment period of employee
- Directors or employees must avoid the circumstances where their personal interest conflicts with the Company’s interest, particularly in the matters relating to government, suppliers, partners or competitors.
- Directors and employees are prohibited to use internal information for their own or other’s advantage.
- During and after conducting business for the Company, directors and employees must not reveal any confidential information for anyone’s interest, regardless that such information is electronic information, financial information, business information, the company’s future plans, etc.
- Directors and employees must not hold the position as a director or consultant in an outside company which may cause the conflict of interest and business conflict. Directors and employees must acquire permission before taking any position in another business, except for the case that they have already declared to executives.
- Directors and employees must use the Company’s resources for the fullest benefits and must not use the Company’s resources for their own personal advantages.
- In case that any employee will become a director or consultant in other companies, organizations or business associations, such occurrence must not hinder any interest or business operations of the Company. Also, such employee must get approval from the Board prior to taking any position. Directors and employees should fully dedicate themselves and their time to the Company’s activities without using working time for personal advantage and activities that are not relevant to their duty.
- The Company has policy to conduct business with transparency and ethics. Directors or employees are prohibited to conduct any action which causes damages to the Company’s reputations.
- Directors and employees are prohibited to offer bribe or rewards to suppliers, government organizations or relevant persons. On the contrary, directors and employees are prohibited to receive bribe or rewards from suppliers, government organizations or relevant person. However, this regulation allows occasional greetings with traditional souvenirs.
- Directors and employees should decline entertaining activities or other entertainment which is organized beyond the limits of normal business conditions and in occasions of proper traditions by any third persons who are relevant to the Company.
- To supply goods and services for the Company, they must reach the highest standard.
- The Company intends to keep and develop good relationships with suppliers, government organizations and contractors of the company.
- Directors and employees are prohibited to take personal advantages from suppliers, government and contractors of company.
- The Company will prevent accidents, injuries or sickness from work. With cooperation from all employees, the company will not stop researching and managing the risks that may occur during the work.
- The Company will provide equipment, tools, accessories and training for the benefit of safety of workers and the Company’s assets.
- The Company will immediately and efficiently take action in case of emergencies or accident from the operation.
- The Company will strictly comply with the laws and relevant regulations.
- The Company will develop and train its employees to assure that all employees understand and receive sufficient information about the environment in workplace, working procedures and sicknesses that may occur from work.
- The Company’s properties mean movables, immovable, academic knowledge, technology and copyrights. They also include any resources that the Company possesses.
- Employees of the Company have duty and responsibility to efficient use the Company’s resources to maximize the Company’s interest and to prevent damage.
- Information and business documents are important property of the Company. Each section must provide the specific period of record-keeping and level of confidentiality of documentation. These documents must be clearly secured and verified.
- Employees will manage the business documents, account and finance documents, and other reports to submit to the government organization and other persons precisely and honestly. Also, they must manage the accounting consistently with the assigned standard.
- Employees must follow the accounting, financial and internal control principles strictly all the time and must report to those who responsible in the section or to the good corporate governance team when there are any mistakes in the business operation.
4. Rewards & Entertainment
5. Relationship with Suppliers and Contractors
6. Safety and Health in workplace
7. Security of the company properties
8. Computer system and network
Follow the Company’s regulations and relevant laws on safely use of the computer networking system in organization.
9. Responsible for environment
The Company’s policy is to conduct business accordingly the environmental laws and relevant regulations as necessary.